Friday, May 9, 2008

Feliz Dia de la Madre!

Today was Mother's Day at PROMESA. The entire school has been working hard for the last week and a half or so preparing skits, poems, songs and gifts for all the mothers. The excitement and anticipation of the Mother's Day program built throughout this week as the students learned parts, memorized songs, and worked on various projects. Not only did the students work hard, but the teachers did too. Much planning time went into the program and much class time was spent practicing for it. Finally, this morning, all our hard work paid off as our little cherubs, scrubbed and shining, presented all the work they had prepared. From fourth grade's skit about head lice all the way to the four year olds saying "I love you Mother", the program was a success for all involved. The students did a great job and the parents really seemed to enjoy it. It's times like these when I realize again how much I really love my students and how proud I am of them. These two short video clips will give you an idea of what I did with my students. I dedicate them with love to my own mom, for all she's done for me and for all the sacrifices she's made for me throughout my life.
Happy Mother's Day to all!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww -- you must have been so proud of them!
-- Heather

Bethany said...

Yes I was! :)