Thursday, April 2, 2009

Exciting announcement and a very quick update

I am pleased to announce that we now have water in our house again, as of the other day, after 23 days of being waterless! Thank you Jesus! This morning I took a shower in my own house for the first time in almost 4 weeks. Aaaaaaah.
Things are going well at school. The kids are relaxing after the initial two weeks of novelty wore off. I continue to learn a lot about classroom management and about how to love my kids all the time and yet be strict and put into place the boundaries they need as well. Teaching is one of those things that I don't know if you ever really get "down". The fruit of the Spirit song continues to be very popular and I'm still wanting to take the fruits out of the song and put them more in my life. That's gotta be the work of the Holy Spirit. That's all I can say. School keeps me very busy. I always seem to have plenty to do.
We are getting ready for Easter here. I'm also excited to see my youngest brother and his junior class in a few weeks when they come down for a missions trip. So that's a little bit of what's up here. Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for water!

I'm glad the year is going well. The longer I've been out of college, the more I'm realizing how much I pretty much assumed I would emerge from college fully competent and not have to learn anything further about my career. That, um, turned out not to be the case. (Not that I'm incompetent -- but you know what I mean.)

Love you!

-- Heather

Bethany said...

Yeah, I know what you mean! I feel the same way. I learn new things all the time.